MOON DUST STEEL MOOD SILVER AUTO
Limited edition of 1’969 pieces
Hand-painted grey mineral structure dial containing Moon Dust
Hour and minute hands inspired by the solar panels of a spacecraft
Bezel in carbon fiber and steel containing fragments of Apollo 11
- MOVEMENT Mechanical self-winding movement I 28,800 vph I 23 jewels
- POWER RESERVE 48 hours
- WATER RESISTANCE 3 atm (30 meters)
- FUNCTIONS Central hours and minutes, small seconds at 9 o’clock
- CASE Ø 46mm, steel and black PVD-coated steel
- CASE BACK “The first step on the Moon” engraving
- BEZEL Carbon fibre and steel containing fragments of Apollo 11
- DIAL Grey, mineral structure containing Moon Dust with small second subdial at 9 o’clock inspired by the moon-landing target
- HANDS Hour and minute hands inspired by the solar panels of a spacecraft
- PAWS Steel with titanium star screws
- LUGS Steel with black PVD-coated satin-finished steel insert
- CROWN Steel screw-lock crown with black rubber
- STRAP Black rubber with steel folding clasp
Romain Jerome launches out into space in homage to the most fascinating human adventure of all: the conquest of space. The Moon Dust-DNA collection embodies this incredible odyssey and features its main protagonists.
The design of the Moon Dust-DNA collection is inspired by and incorporates the DNA heritage of the great players and major figures in the conquest of space. The materials composing the models in this collection incorporate authentic fragments from the aerospace universe such as Moon Dust as well as fragments of the Apollo XI spacecraft and the International Space Station (ISS).
Meanwhile, the accounts of astronauts who have been privileged to see it at close range testify to an entirely different reality. The Moon stripped of its abstract beauty and its smooth luminosity imposes its huge, spherical presence. Viewed from that close, the Moon is a grim, ravaged world composed of sombre shades of grey, oceans of dust and ashes, along with craggy cliffs and craters of lava that cooled down three billion years ago. When bathed in the light of the sun, its austere stone-grey appearance is replaced by a softly rosy chestnut brown tinge. While only some may remember its exact colours, everyone can call to mind this light that is so strangely mysterious to the human gaze.
In order to reflect these subtle shades, the Romain Jerome watchmakers have for once adopted a revolutionary procedure from the world of art, by applying a mineral coating comprising authentic Moon Dust combined with natural pigments.