ROMAIN JÉROME TITANIC DNA
Limited edition of six unique timekeepers inspired from the 5 oceans plus a sixth piece directly inspired from the Titanic’s shipwreck.
The color tone is different for each piece: copper, red, bronze, silver, charcoal, grey and deep black.
The Titanic, the most famous ocean liner of them all, and now bought back to life almost a hundred years later with the Romain Jerome Titanic DNA watch by Cabestan.
A complex and confidential fusion of materials salvaged from the wreck of the Titanic that lies 2840 meters under the sea, and from the Harland & Wolff shipyard in Belfast where the Titanic’s life began almost a century ago.
The rusted steel is a combination of two metals separated by a century of time. Rust, once an enemy of the industry but a unique process has been devised to stop the rust corroding any further, a first in the watch-making industry.
- Manually wound (winch mecanism) movement with Swiss lever escapement
- Tourbillon regulated at 6 positions with force delivered by a system of chain and fuseé
- Frequency : 21 600 alt/h or 3 Hz
- Breguet-style overcoil, Geneva Stud
- Balance amplitude : 240°
- Time-setting and rewinding with miniature dynamometric winch handle
- Hand finished components : beveling, polishing, drawing and circular graining
- Hours, minutes and seconds displayed on three engraved rotary drums
- Power reserve of 72 hours displayed on a engraved rotary drum
- Stabilized Titanic extreme rusted steel case in 6 different color tones
- Case composed of 7 elements welded in a controlled atmosphere
- Two sapphire metallised crystals hand-fitted to each case
- Two functional capstans : rewinding and time setting
- Two decorative capstans
- Limited edition of 6 unique pieces