Cabestan signed a breathtaking achievement by displaying an exceptional 3D imperial Chinese dragon, fitting the traditional Luna Nera movement. The CAB EC102LD represents six months of time creation and two years of development.
100% in-house developed and made, the timepiece unveils a fascinating and genuine jeweler craftwork. With only 20mm wide and 25mm long, the DragonNera features the smallest 3D dragon ever made in a watch, representing more than 300 hours of true artwork. The challenges set by the mechanism itself with the chain, wheels and tourbillon cage, make of the whole dragon creation an engineering prowess. The eyes, tongue, teeth and ears only represent tenths of millimeter, not to speak of the paw toes.
Fruit of a long production process, the 5N rose gold dragon is first made out of a casting mold process. Afterwards come the polishing and sandblasting, before the main engraving work. The 3D structure will then see itself given another final polishing treatment. The delicacy of achievement on such a 3D structure reaches the highest standards, given the constraint properties each part represents on a millimeter scale.
The sapphire crystal glass, allows us to observe the ultimate work thoroughness of the 3D dragon as well as the mechanism precision. This exceptional piece is composed of a manually wound movement: caliber CAB EC 102LD, with 46 rubies. The mechanism indicates the hours, minutes, seconds and power reserve by drums, the last one being indicated by the front right paw of the dragon
- Caliber CAB EC 102LD, manually wound with Swiss lever escapement, entirely conceived, developed and built by the Cabestan Manufacture
- Total of 942 components, fully assembled and regulated by hand
- Tourbillon regulated at 6 positions with constant force delivered by a system of fusée-and-chain
- Frequency: 21 600 alt/h or 3 Hz
- Breguet-style overcoil, Geneva stud
- Balance amplitude : 240°
- Vertical system of wheels in gold or nickel-plated bronze, rhodium-plated bottom plate, bridges, and pinions
- Stainless steel chain 160 mm long composed of 235 links and 156 rivets, all assembled manually
- Time-setting and rewinding with individual crowns
- Manual finishing of all components: beveling, polishing, drawing, milling and circular graining
- 3D sphere representing the moon phase at the center of the movement, rewinding with an individual crown
- One 5N rose gold 3D Dragon structure of 25mmx20mm, hand made and finished / one white gold 3D Snake structure of 22mmx15mm, hand made and finished
- Hours, minutes and seconds displayed on three engraved rotary drums, coloured markings in Super Luminova
- Moon Phase in 3D
- Power reserve of 72 hours (indicated by the DragonNera front right paw and SnakeNera head) displayed on an engraved rotary drum, coloured markings in Super Luminova
- Cases in brushed and polished natural palladium white gold, 5N rose gold
- Two sapphire crystals hand-fitted to each case (case and back)
- Three functional capstans: rewinding, time setting and 3D-moon setting
- Two functional capstans : rewinding and time setting
- Limited edition of 8 unique pieces